While many of my favorite shows have aired their season finales, I thought Grey's needed it's own post. Obviously, if you haven't seen the finale yet, don't read this post as it contains some serious spoilers.
I do realize that this is TV and not real....however, there were WAY too many things wrong with this episode. First off....regardless whether you fly commercial or in a private jet, there is a flight manifest. Both airports would have known that the flight never landed. Secondly, did the pilot fall asleep only to wake up when they crashed??? Seriously, no distress call to the tower? NOBODY knew the plane was going down? Yeah friggin right! And maybe the most glowing error of all: only one person died. It was a plane crash....not a car accident, right?? Yang even said that the back of the plane was ripped off and people were sucked out of the back. (BTW, I really was having Lost flashbacks at that point). Pretty sure those stats should have been reversed and MAYBE only one person would have survived.
Now let's get into the meat of the episode. I rarely watch previews, but I heard one person wasn't coming back. That, of course, lead to speculation among me and my friends. We couldn't remember who all was on the plane. I thought a serious cop-out would have been April leaving the show. I mean, she didn't pass the Boards and got fired. Then the storyline kept circling on Arizona/Callie. Arizona telling Callie to never leave her (in the episode before the finale).....Callie telling everyone at Seattle-Grace how happy she is but she had to go through crap to get there; how life can turn on a dime. PLUS, Arizona took Alex's spot on the plane at the last minute. I mean, I seriously thought they were going to kill Arizona off (which in my opinion, they still could since she was hacking up blood after the crash). I really like Arizona....and I'm glad it wasn't her. BUT, I am so pissed that it was Lexie! She was one of my favorite characters (sad face). Tell me a little part of you didn't die when Sloan was holding her hand in the end telling her how much he loved her? Damn you Shonda Rhimes!!! What is it about the 'good' characters that makes them get killed/written off?
Back at Seattle-Grace, Teddy also said good-bye. Good on Owen for firing her to get her to accept the other awesome job. I was glad to hear her tell him that she wanted to stay for him because he has nobody. I guess that meant her story was over. Her husband died, she was pissed at Owen and then she forgave him and let it go....so they let her go (since her contract was up). sigh
How many more seasons will there be of Grey's? Will this plane crash really make all of the doctors reassess their lives and make them stay at Seattle-Grace?? I know McDreamy's damaged hand will change their decision to go to Harvard, and they will stay at Seattle-Grace. Christina will realize that she does love Owen and will stay. Alex will feel like he owes it to Arizona to stay (especially if she ends up dying in the season premiere...the guilt will be too much for him). They are still going to be down quite a few good doctors, so maybe they will bring Izzy back! While they are at it....they should REALLY mess with Christina's head and bring back Dr. Burke! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment